Saturday, November 3, 2007

Finals!!!!!

so resturant day went, ok. no i'll admit it, it was a bit sucky. I enjoyed being fed by another group, but my team must have been a collection of the slowest learners in class. I was also the only girl, so they were really "rough" on our food (as in when i suggested we pipe the whipped cream on the mousse, they basically plopped it on, forgetting that mousse is very delicate!). They also were not being very helpful, a lot of standing around when i was like..."well do somthing! clean dishes at least so we have some space to work!". Anyhow, we however got another teams food and i am glad we did (cause the guys on my team completely overdid the steaks!). It was a mexican themed resturant with shrimp ceviche with tortilla chips and spicey beef empanadas as an appetizer, some sort of stuffed chicked (i am sure if your Mexican you might know the exact name, forgive me), and flan for dessert. I was stuffed, and i dont care much for flan, so i has some of the dessert my carpool's team made which was a plaintain egg roll with caramel syrup!
Anyhow, final begin monday and basically the first day is a the written test and kinife cuts where we need to produce the precise cuts they ask of us. I am most worried about this because its very hard to get thme uniform and i am pretty sure they'll ask us to work with carrots which are a lot hard to cut than potatos.
Tues-thurs is the cooking tests, which i am less nervous about.
anyhow, i was udying earlier todya when i realized that re-typing some of the info will help me retain it, and i think some of you might really find this info useful and interesting. so i'll post some recipes and info i need to memorize in hopes you guys will be somewhat interested....

No comments: