Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Beef, its whats for dinner, but not tomorrow!


ahh, so last week was poultry, this week is all about beef! since most of you know from nutiritious junk, i am not big on beef. I like filet mignon and a good burger from time to time, but i dont tend to crave it like i do with shrimp and lobster. We saw a video all about the extensive parts of the cow and cuts that are servable from it. seeing that carcas hung up gave me the willies, i am not vegetarian now, but i do feel a bit guitly for the poor old cow. Cow are kinda cute, especially the one with earings on the babybell cheeses. anyhow, so i made hungarian goulash with chuck yesterday and the class as a whole roasted a huge rib eye. I admit, it was bloody but yes, delcious. i think today its just sauteed steak but beef week is cut short because of the turkey day weekend. I'll be in charge this year of the meal (its about time, i havent cooked for others since starting culinary school!) and i'll post some pictures from my spread. I am going to be a little untradtional, since my family, is indeed a little untradtional. I actually wont be spending it with most of my family, the only member will be my dad since my sister is having it a her husband's grandmothers house, and most of my family lives in Israel/Australia/Beligum and anywhere besides the US. anywho, ill post some stories of thanksgiving past tomorrow in between my basting the turkey. Stay tuned!

No comments: