Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Retraction

It has come to my attention that this blog has been viewed by most of my peers. To those offended by the comments i have made, from the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry. Understand that this blog is a diary of sorts and i forget that this is accessible to the whole world and that anyone can view it. Please, understand that my view points are probably made because of my ignorance about certain situations, and i try to be funny and together, it can come up as hurtful. I was about to cancel the whole blog, but i still feel i should document my journey, but from now on I will no longer gossip about ANYONE (even chefs and top chef contestants). To those i have hurt, i respect you to the bone and hope you accept my since apologizes. I meant no harm, everything should be taken with a grain of salt (kosher salt, of course).

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh, waif. I am SO sorry. I've done something very similar in the past. You have all my sympathy.

L.B. said...

Keep your chin up, waif! Don't let anyone get you down! You can count on us for support and sympathy.

hungry waif said...

thanks so much for the support, for a while i didn't think anybody read this, let alone my classmates. I was never good at keeping a diary, and this has become a form of it so its a bit of a "harriet the spy" situation (you know they find the diary and all is revealed). I hope those who i have hurt underdtand how deeply sorry i am.

L.B. said...

Waif, I couldn't help but think of your plight today. Gotta offer up some advice.

I'm a writer by trade and I've built up quite an audience of haters. There are some people who honestly despise me and post stuff about me all the time online. Now granted, I don't have to see these people on a consistent basis but I've taken quite a bit of heat for comments I've made online and in print before.

In fact, I missed out on what could have been a memorable and exciting business opportunity two years ago because of an e-mail. That could have and nearly did ruin my career and had I known it would have gone to those lengths I never would have sent the e-mail.

Anyway, sometimes your words can have an adverse affect on others. You meant no harm by your words and you weren't attacking anyone directly. I thought it was a bit ballsy to post the things you did but I didn't feel that they were in any way in bad taste. You were just being honest and some people just can't handle honesty.

I don't know Chola Chicka from Stoner Dudes to Bulemic Babe or whatever. You never posted their names or anything and that picture, well, I see 50 people that look like that each day.

But whatever your intentions were, people obviously reacted negatively to some of your posts and you have to deal with that. Don't let them get you down! If it comes down to it, apologize, tell them you made poor choices and have learned from them and move on.

Just move on from this and keep on studying. By all means don't let this derail your bright future.

Techguru87 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.