Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Possible Business Venture???


So a couple weeks ago when i went to get my hair done for my UCLA audition, i brought a tin of the cookies i made in class (hoping to get a slight discount...). Well i did get a discount (i doubt the cookies had anything to do with it, i just my dad is family friends with my hairdresser) but the owner of the salon asked me if i ever thought about selling the cookies. When i cam back a week ago just for a blowout, she said she gave them to a few customers and they loved it and wondered if they could buy some. She suggested i give her my card (which the closest thing i have to a business card is my head shot i give when i go on auditions)so people could contact me and buy my cookies. Well this got me thinking...maybe i could make a healthier assortment of cookies and sell them. I called my nutritionist and she said she'd gladly help me figure out the correct nutritional info for labeling. I am thinking of selling all sorts of low sugar biscotti. what do you think? could i possibly sell them online? maybe through nutritious junk? would people actually buy them? Tell me what you think?

3 comments:

carla said...

yes

YES

**YES**


not that I have an opinion on the subject.

MizFit

Charlotte said...

I think it's a great idea. Although you might have better luck selling them through real life contacts (like your hair dresser & local cafes) than online. At least at first. Plus it would save you money on shipping & packaging etc.

There is def. a need for healthier cookies! And who doesn't love biscotti??

no said...

I agree with Charlotte, go local first!! They will be fresher and you can make sure to add the personal touch of how they wrapped, displayed, sold and you will get more honest feedback. Good Luck!! I think it sound like a great way to add a little bit of extra cash into your month!