Saturday, May 31, 2008

Paella!


We did a whole spanish buffet/banquet spread on tuesday. This reminded me a lot of my Garde Manger class because it was everyone in class kind of working together towards a big buffet, its not like individual plated dishes. However, the banquet was supposed to be for 16 people and we henceforth needed to make little tapas plates that all look indetical. The paella was the exception (because no one eats an individual paella, its meant to be a communal dish). Its gorgeous (and yummy!) but sadly i cant take credit for it because other people in the class made it. I did make the shrimp "gambas" which will be in the next post...

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Yep, Paella is good stuff. I really liked paella. And tapas were nice too because they were so little and varied. Oh and their desserts are yummy. (trying to redeem myself from my last comment!)

carla said...

I love this AND it always makes me think of Kramer on Seinfeld.