Saturday, May 3, 2008

In the Grinder


here is the picture of our "sausage buffet" since we made a whole batch of different sausages. Our theme was Las Vegas which actually suited us well since we made use of the "wienies" which is sort of like poker food. On top of the whole fiasco in class (which, and to be honest, i am scarred to come back too because i feel so hated by nearly everyone)i got my rejection later from the theater program at ucla. I felt it coming, i didn't think my audition went well, but this was the wrong time, i feel like along with the sausage meat, I've been processed in the grinder. My future is so unclear, i am not sure what i want to do once i finish school. I definitely do NOT want to go back to UC Santa Barbara and i never really wanted to do restaurant work. Like most twenty-somethings, i feel like i am heading in direction. Anyhow, class aside because just thinking about school right now makes me uneasy, I've picked up the new Madonna CD, hard candy. I have been a die hard Madonna fan since i was little and obsessing over knowing all the lyrics to "Vogue". I love that Madonna is aging gracefully, but this is not my favorite album of hers. Its very "hip hop" and although i love the "4 minuets" song, the rest of the album is not as work-out worthy. I know she's been into electronic beats and what not since Ray of Light (which is definitely one of my favorite albums of hers), and although the songs from her last album, "confessions of a dance floor" were mediocre, i thought it was a great work-out album. some of the beats to "hard candy" are a little strange to run or bike too and its not a very good "chill" soundtrack like the one from "Juno" was (GREAT soundtrack, by the way, GET IT!!!). Speaking of Juno, did you see the Barbara Walters interview with Ellen Page? she was telling Ellen she doesn't really understand the song and was wondering why anyone would listen to it. whoa, babs, chill, its a cool song and clearly, you need to let some other young journalists take the spotlight every once and a while. I am all for seniors giving up retirement for later, but is this was kind of a sign that maybe its time she gave it a rest?

1 comment:

carla said...

(amen on the babs stuff)

life can be a b*tch huh?

all the decisions and trying to find a path.

*sigh*

read the secret?