Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sanitation and my midterm!

so a couple of things went down recently. I had my first "real" santiation class (because i missed the first week, and last week the teacher was sick and the sub ditched!). It sucks to go to school on a saturday at 8 am! thanks god my teacher is a little crazy in that half the class she let us go to the other labs (which in culinary school is where most of the hands on cooking classes take place but are basically large commericial kitchens to the normal people looking in)where they set up an omlette bar. she freaks me out a bit, shes blantly mean but she tries to be funny about it so shes a bit confusing. she talks super fast too. Well its only once a week and its over in three weeks so i should manage. I got my midterm grade. Chef Woodstock (who i know i said has a stick up his ass but i am begining to appreciate it because he genuinely makes me want to improve)said i have a 91 in the class but that i could probably improve and get a solid A which would only require me getting a 93 or higher. It depends a lot on the final which i think is nov 9th so i'll just have to study real hard. I am beginning to get a little more friendly with my class mates. those that work near my station already have a few jokes with me and we share all our secrets when we nail a dish. Anyhow, i do hope people are reading this, i know this has not displayed as much color and fun as nutrious junk, but i hope people are still reading this. I'll write more tomorrow because its my only day off the whole week!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I'm still reading! I think it's really cool that you're going to culinary school -- such a change of pace from academia, but really challenging in a different way! Congrats on the A!

Unknown said...

I'm reading too. I'm just stuck in the middle of midterms and getting burned out on writing as all of my exams are essay style :(. In reference to egg blog - I only like my eggs scrambled but I can only imagine how hard egs over easy would be. I probably won't find out though as I'm just not a fan of the runny yolk! To each their own I guess. Ditto on the congrats!