Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Carpool and i double as an acting coach!

So this guy that works next to me at our "station" lives in Santa monica so my house is on the way and hence a good carpool opptunity. I could certainly use the extra gas money. he's cool, he saved my carbonara the other night and lets me borrow tools and stuff when i dont have one on hand. Dont think this is a romantic gettup, its not, hes really not my type, but seems like a cool pal. Anyhow its also nice to have some company on the way to school which can take up to two hours if traffic is really bad.
My other chef, chef French, can into class, and asked if he could talk to me outside. You can imagine my nerves. I was like,"o shit, did he find out i wasnt wearing my neckercheif!?" but no, his agency (cause hes about to release a cookbook) gave him a script for a mustard commericial and he knew i was into acting and wanted me to look over it with him and help him out. Phew! ok something i can handle! he has a thick accent as is, so i am pretty sure he nailed out, i hope he did, and i hope he shares the money with me! (unlikely, but who knows?). I made a lot of baked dishes yesterday, roasted chayote (i never had it before but its really good!), roaseted tomates, pommes duchess (which are like little piped mushed potatos that are baked and beautiful, but honestly are kinda off tasting), scalloped potatos, rice pilaf, and risotto with three cheese. I loath cheese not just the taste, but the smell makes me gag too. I felt like passing out as my pot reeked of my three chesse blend. I finished early but this means we'll have A LOT to do today. I also cut myself while packing up my knives so i hope i wont be too handicapped. Ugh..i also need to finish up my sanitation report on lysteriosis...fun times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you still in town? I thought they were evacuatin b/c of the fires? I hope you're not in harm's way and that the winds really are dying down. Glad to hear about the car pool though. Have you decided what to make for the dessert course yet?

hungry waif said...

We settled on hazlenut chocolate mousse. And although its hot around town, my house is still intact, thanks for the concern!