Friday, September 28, 2007

Orientation and My Student Chef Garb!


so today was oreitnation (no elaborate breakfast spread, but sorta sad looking sandwiches and chips, really gourmet like doritos and fritos) and i got my books for the term, my uniform, my classes, and tools. The tool kit is mind blowing, its like every item from william sonoma in a suitcase! The one thing i still need is my shoes which they also provide since we all have to have leather shoes because they can hold up to hot liquids. I get that on monday though. The one thing that bugged me was that i have to actually take classes on saturaday! yep from 8 am to 2:30 and its not that exciting of a class, sanitation. important, but not as interesting as other courses. Plus, next saturday is my birthday and i was looking forward to sleeping in and enjoying my day, not learning about how to be an ocd clean freak. They didn't do much in oreintation, but they seem very strict with attendence and dress code. No jewlery, make-up, hair must be up, black or white socks (i dont get this one since you can barely see your shoes with the clown chef's pants on, maybe i'll wear my purply fluffer ones and be "bad"). We get at least an hour on homework a night (so the student coucil president told us) but being a college student for two years prior to this, i have a feeling it might take me less time since some of these students are in their 40s and 50s and havent done "homework" in a while. We also got a cute key-chain of a mini whisk (you know, like in case someone needs an emergency custard). My tool kit does make me feel very secure though. If i walk back from class and someone want to rape me (which is a waste, i am not that hot anyhow) i'll filet or de-bone their ass. I have like seven knives and a sharpner to do so. anyhow, I feel like this will be very stressful, and i was considering to start a job too cause this school aint cheap and there are lots of job placements connected to the school. for the first term, i might just see how i handle things before i start looking for a job. anyhow, tomorrow i'll give you a picture of the tools and maybe better ones of my in my uniform (this one stinks cause of terrible lighting, i am exhausted, and haven't done up my eye brows).

No comments: