Monday, September 24, 2007

Fasting Sucks

So, yom kippur came and went, very sloooowly as i'd imagine it would being hungry and all. The fast went, ok, i mean i survived, but man was i tired and (excuse my bluntness) bitchy. I used to work at a fashion house (one of my countless interniships i've completed on my journey to "find myself") where i was actually fired for trying to do more than clean after everyone (well excuse me if i've got an opinion!) and i'd imagine my boss must have been hungry a lot, cause man was she a bitch. She always talked about food, never actually eating it, so i guess that was the reason. And maybe all those 13 year old models who devoured everything and noticably not gaining an ounce must have pissed her off too. Anyhow, the party was ok. Sadly, i was trumped by my dad and his girlfriend as far as food prep would go. But thats ok cause i was so hungry, i barely had energy to open the fridge let alone cook for 30 people. Since my hip fracture, ive been taking a dreaded break from running which i miss so much, but instead i've been taking these weight lifting classes at the gym i never attend (cause i dont use it to run, so i really wonder why i am still a member). Anyhow, i must say although taking a running hiatus, I've developed some serious guns and i swear i can flex my ab muscles a little and you can see the very early grooves of a modest sixpack. But in today's class, i realized it will be the last monday one i'd have for a while. Cause next week, i start school which runs from 6 pm and 11pm. I know, you must think i am nuts for choosing such a late schedule. But i could have had a 6am-11am slot (no, chance bud, i am used to going to bed at sunrise) or the 12-5pm which seems reasonable but i was a bit worried it would kill my day and that i'd be a slave to traffic. So i choose the night one, i figure i could get a job in the morning, catch up on homework, blogging, and life in the afternoon, and then go to school. If its that bad, i can change next term which i think actually begins soon anyhow, like mid-november. I got a nifty package fed-exed to me today from McCormick to try out their new steamer seasonings for "nutritious junk". Ahh, food sounds so good now, after ive been deprived of it for 24 hrs. Maybe this fast was good, it reminded me i should be greatful to able to nourish myself with all these fantastic foods that are available and not take it for granted. This is why i refuse to eat bad food, even junk food must be good, i wont settle for bad quality junk. And food deprivation has really made me realize how wonderful it is to cook, taste, and nourish my self.

No comments: