Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Welcome to Baking II!


so baking II began and heres a first, our instructor is....a girl! She seems nice, looks a lot like aa younger verision of Oprah. She seems super serious though, i tried to crack a few jokes here and there, i am usually good at getting even the most serious of people to loosen up and crack a smile, but she just barely did. O well, my baking I chef (who's actually teaching next door!) told me she's sweet. We made Devils food cake and a dobo eleven layer cake. We didn't assemble them because we'll make a black forrest cake tomorrow with the devils food and this hungarian eleven layer cake with a carmel wafer on thursday. So i will take pics of my cake tomorrow for all of you to marvel at my baking inempt-ness. This class is ALL desserts, we'll be doing cookies, hot souffles, truffles, petit fours, sorbets, and all these of intricate sugar pieces. Defiently no waitning around waiting for breads to proof and bake like in baking I. Azelma, dont be so jealous, but you know theres tha same class i take that here at school that goes from 6-11 am! good lord i'd have to get up at four am! i could never do that schedule, me and the morning dont mix!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh that's horrible, 6 am? Jeez, my college only offers chemistry classes at 7 and I thought that was terrible!