Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Baking II !


I start baking II today. I hope i will have time to write about it after class but that is if i get out early (because its supposed to end, as always, at 11 pm and i am usually dead if they make us stay till then). I just want to say a big ass thank you to everyone who's been reading and commenting. I really appreciate it! I wonder how big my class will be this term. last term it was only 16 (down from about 23 in my Intro II class, and i remember when i first began, it was about 30!). As you can see its intensive. people drop out because its very time consuming, costs A LOT (like a year at harvard without a scholorship), and lets face it, its boot camp for culinary students. Although not to say that you cant handel these things, if you reall want to be there, that is. There are lots of loan and financial aid options and plenty of grants and scholorship, its just extra work but it can save you a lot of money. In a sense its good the class is small but i must say i still feel a bit of a social outcast. Its weird i also seem to be the most knowledgable about food we haven't learned yet because i've been interested in cooking all my life and julia child's books were staple in my home. Like for example, about two people raised their hands when the chef asked if they new what carpaccio was. not to sound like a snob, but i expect them to know that. anyhow, i will try to write about tonight. wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow! It is actually letting me post! So glad you are back, sorry to hear it is so demanding. I am jealous of the timing though, I love sleeping in the afternoon and staying up late, hehehehe.