Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I am Baked, and Fried for that matter!


So sorry for not posting everyday, i do hope people still read. Anyhow, i missed a day so i had to make like four different breads on monday! Pita, foccacia, cinnamon buns, and rye. I actaully never loved cinnamon buns although i love the smell of cinnabon at the mall. The funny thing is that the chef couldn't fdtress enough how there was "nothing healthy about these buns" and that "they might as well give you a heart attack". cause they were basted, rolled, and encased with butter and sugar i guess. Any how, if the buns didn't get you your devilish side, yesterday we got fry0happy and made doughnuts and beignets (i think thats how you spell them??). That took orever because we had only two fry stations. Mine were gorgeous and i had a beignet with some powdered sugar because the doughtnuts were huge and frankly i really was not craving them all that much. I wanted t get out of class early so i can go to the frozen yogurt shop and maybe trade them for chocolate frozen yogurt (ahh the health nut in me kicks in!) but we stayed until about 11:15 pm, so everything was closed. Today i have an egg quiz, basically i need to make two poached eggs and hollandaise, yuck! good think he makes us throw it out right after he grades them incase we "slide it over" to "cheat" and give it to someone else in the class. I must say, i miss my usual cooking classes, baking is kinda boring, a lot of measuring, a lot of waiting for things to proof, bake, set, cool...I have ADD when it comes to the kitchen, and i hate just kinda floating around waiting for my sourdough to rise (by the way i made two loaves yesterday that were PERFECT!). Anyhow, i cant find my camera so these are NOT my doughnuts, but hopefully they got your mouth watering...

No comments: