Sunday, December 9, 2007

Review week

I apologize for not updating recently. Ive been very busy aside from school as I am currently finishing up my UCLA application. I plan to go to to their acting program after I am done at the Le Cordon Bleu so i need to get my application in by friday. I am very nervous, i got rejected the first time (before i attended U.C. Santa Barbara) so i am crossing my fingers they'll let me in.
Anyhow, friday was "Fried Chicken Friday". Our class made a fried chicken dinner served family style with the classic biscuits, gravy, greens, and black eyes peas to accompany the fried chicken. I thought it would be fun but to be honest, i realize how much i like cooking by myself. Not to say that i dont work well with people, in fact i love working and cooking with people. but a lot of times i find myself wanting more control over situations and its hard when other team member disregard your suggestions and you end up with a less than perfect product. anyhow, i cant say i really like southern style food all that much, but i did get to sample some food from the hawaiian buffet the student from the international cooking class were having. Next week is the last week before finals, so we will be doing a mixture of dishes that will encompass all the meats we've learned about. I think i truly have new respect/love for pork now. its lean, tasty, and suprsingly, fairly cheap compared to other meats I like. I am also really liking the Chefs this term. I miss chef woodstock and i visit him often and bring him food i've made sometime, but these new chefs are closer to my age so i feel a bit more relaxed with them (as opposed to chef woodstock who was about my fathers age).
The class is a lot smaller than what it was when we first started, many switch to a different class and some dropped. I was hoping to have more close knit friends, but i can say that I am that close to anybody in the class simply because they are very different from me. O well, i love the friends I have outside of school who are great and always ready and willing to try ANYTHING i make.

No comments: